Lakeland Orthotics Clinic
Our orthotics clinic is based at our workshop in Hull, East Yorkshire where we make custom made and off the shelf orthotics. Our experienced orthotist can help you by recommending and fitting an appropriate orthotic device such as custom insoles or supports for the body. We can even visit you at your residence. Our clinic section provides advice about booking an appointment.
Our benefits include:
- NHS East Riding of Yorkshire orthotic service provider
- Both NHS and private clients welcome
- Orthotics for pain relief
- On-site workshop for adjustments and alterations
- over 30+ years experience in serving the NHS and private sector
- Experienced and caring orthotist
- Knowledgeable and helpful clinic admin team
- Extensive range of orthoses available
- Custom/bespoke orthoses our speciality
- Sensible prices and quick turnaround of products
- Flexible and responsive service
- Additional clinic services available – please ask for details
Products we supply in our clinic include:
- Wrist and hand splints
- Elbow and shoulder supports
- Neck collars and other head supports
- Back and abdominal braces and supports
- Hernia supports including spring & elastic made to measure trusses
- Pregnancy supports and belts
- Hip supports and body braces
- Leg, ankle and foot supports
- Custom/orthopaedic shoes
- Custom insoles
- AFO’s and KAFO’s
We can do alterations and repairs too, sometimes while you wait!
Elastic truss for hernia support
Double pull abdominal support belt
Delux Maternity Belt
What are orthotic products?
Orthotics are used to support the body. Most people will have worn or used an orthotic device at some point in their life and a few people need them permanently to function at their optimum ability.
Who uses orthotic products?
Our orthotic supports can be found in use on anyone who finds they need them. In addition, we help people from a wide variety of leisure and sporting activities including:
- walking and rambling
- football and rugby
- stadium athletics
- horse riding
- dog walking
- other sporting activities
Who should visit an orthotics clinic?
A wide variety of people may find themselves in need of our orthotic clinic or orthoses such as:
- pregnant mums to be and new mums
- the chronically ill
- the acutely injured
- people born with physical challenges
- people with flat feet
- people with musculo-skeletal pain/illness
- people who want to prevent musculo-skeletal pain/illness and injury
- the older generation with age related conditions
- people requiring additional support to their body
A number of professional people may also find they require orthosis such as:
- professional sports people such as footballers, golfers and runners
- people with active vocations such as horse trainers and dog trainers
- builders and other manual professions
- office workers who are sat or stood for periods of time
- warehouse workers who are lifting and moving items
- carers who are active and lifting people and equipment
- physios and therapists who are on their feet and physically active
Where can you find orthotic products (orthoses)?
People can find orthotic products from their local orthotics clinic, a chemist, a therapist such as a physio or podiatrists, on-line and at sports shops. They can also be prescribed and are sometimes provided pre and post operatively or after an injury at a clinic or hospital. We recommend you speak to a suitably qualified person if you suspect you need orthotic support.